Volunteer with Twenty Summers
We are seeking multiple volunteers to help us out at our upcoming events on the weekends between May 12 and June 10, 2017. We will be hosting concerts and conversations open to the public in the beautiful Barn over the course of five weekends, as well as an artist residency program during the weekdays. In exchange for your volunteer work, you get free tickets to the show you work for, and have a great opportunity being involved in an exciting new non-profit arts center on Cape Cod!
Tasks may include:
· Checking tickets at the door
· Parking Attendant
· Assisting with artists and backstage
· Helping out with deliveries/pick ups
· Anything that comes up!
We are looking for friendly, flexible people who will be available for one or more event. If you can do them all, then even better! You can see our full schedule at www.20summers.org/events. Please note the Hawthorne Barn is located up a long dirt path and steep staircase. Email email@example.com if you’d like to join our team!
Marketing & Outreach Intern
As we embark on our fourth season we are seeking a Marketing & Outreach Intern to help us discover and contact possible marketing and fundraising partners. As a non-profit organization we are constantly looking for new ways to reach our audiences, as well as seeking additional funding each year. We are looking for a creative, organized person who is a great communicator who can commit to a 6 to 8 week-long internship. This is a remote position, reporting to the Director of Marketing & Operations, and requires self-motivation, self-structuring and tracking/reporting of your work.
· Research possible companies and organizations for marketing partnerships
· Email and phone call outreach
· Keeping track of companies found/contacted, and the outcome
· Online listings of events
· Research possible grants and fundraising opportunities
· Must have own computer with internet access
· Current college student or graduate preferred
· Interest in Non-profits, Arts, Music, Events, History, Marketing and/or Development
· Good communication
· Strong organizational skills
· Familiar with Excel and/or Google Docs
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this is an unpaid internship.
Executive Director – Twenty Summers
Twenty Summers is seeking an Executive Director to manage its annual month of programming and fundraising events. The executive director will be responsible for fundraising, programming, and maintaining the day-to-day operations of the organization. You will be leading the organization’s programming, starting in 2017—it’s fourth full season—and be responsible for its future vision and growth. The successful candidate will be highly versatile, creative, and entrepreneurial—someone who is eager to solve open problems, whether fixing some lines of code in WordPress or negotiating a new partnership or building a fundraising and marketing strategy. The position runs annually from October 1 through June 30, and it can be based in Provincetown, Massachusetts or New York City, but it will require you to spend April, May, and June in Provincetown.
· Develop and optimize budget for Twenty Summers’ programs and fundraisers.
· Meet annual fundraising goals by creating direct response campaigns, networking, and
writing grant applications.
· Work with directors and partners to develop programming.
· Work with talent and publicists to schedule events.
· Seek out and cultivate relationships between Twenty Summers, potential guests, and the press.
· Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with vendors.
· Build mailing list of audience and potential donors.
· Grow the audiences for Twenty Summers programming, both online and in-person.
· Maintain Twenty Summers’ social networking, website, and blog presences.
· Develop and track success metrics for programs and events.
· Form co-marketing and sponsorship agreements with local and national organizations.
· Manage workflow for audio/video production and post-production.
· Perform regular competitive analysis and make recommendations based on results.
· Work with Creative Director and designers to create and implement local and national marketing campaigns.
· Maintain and optimize Twenty Summers’ online advertising accounts.
· Work with Founders on creating and executing development and fundraising plans.
· Leadership experience managing several concurrent projects.
· Experience soliciting bids, negotiating contracts, and managing relationships with outside service providers.
· Demonstrated passion for the arts of all types.
· Natural problem solver and learner. Problems and challenges motivate you to find solutions.
· Adept with social media, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Eventbrite, Square, YouTube, Vimeo, MailChimp, Google Apps, Google AdWords, and Facebook ads and web-based content management systems.
· Experience with fundraising from both large and small donors. Ability to find win-win opportunities with potential sponsors. Plus: experience raising money from corporations and institutional donors.
· Familiarity with 501(c)(3) compliance.
· Experience working directly with talent.
· Experience managing volunteer teams.
· Strong aesthetic vision.
· Entrepreneurial drive to develop and execute new initiatives with little guidance or oversight.
· Proven history of using negotiation and technology to streamline budgets and workflow.
· Ability to scale teams and organizations.
· Successful history of growing audiences for cultural content.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com